Thursday 24 May 2012

I KILLED HIM FOR STEALING MY INDOMIE NOODLES

A-12-year old boy, Hassan Abdullahi of Badiko in Kaduna State metropolis yesterday narrated how he killed a 27 year old man, Murtala Saminu during an argument at a tea joint on Friday.
“I was at my brother’s tea shop when Murtala came to me to buy noodles. I told him I will not cook it for him because he doesn’t pay. And if my brother should ask him, he would lie that he has given me the money. When I refused, he raised me up, saying that he will put me on the roof of the tea shop. As I was struggling with him, I used the knife with me on him. It was not deliberate, I was using the knife to slice onions and tomatoes before the argument ensued. He did not die immediately, he died at the hospital,” he said.

The boy, who said he lost his mother a long time ago, faulted the report that he killed the man after smoking drugs.

“Though, I dropped out of school in primary two, I preoccupied myself in my brother’s tea shop. I’m always at the shop with my twin brother, who was also there during the fight. I did what I did in self defence and I never meant to kill him,”
he said.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the Kaduna State Police Command, DSP Aminu Lawan confirmed the killing, saying his command arrested the suspect after rescuing him from the mob that almost lynched him.

No comments:

Post a Comment